(see also Press Archive)
- Gentoo have entered into an FAC-1 framework alliance with Mears, Kier, Esh Group and Keepmoat/Engie.
- Southern Housing Group have entered into an FAC-1 framework alliance with the following SME contractors: AD Construction, APC Building Services, DW Support Services, MCP Property Services, Quinn London,Seville Construction and Cablesheer Construction.
- The Union of Municipalities Adda Martesana has advertised the first FAC-1 contract in Italy, for construction of a lower level high school using Building Information Modelling and with an approximate value of Euros 5 million .
- Your Housing Group has entered into an FAC-1 framework alliance with Wates and Keepmoat for their £61 million investment programme and are in the processing of signing up the constructors for mobilisation in May.
- Places for People have used FAC-1 for a programme of fire alarms and lift maintenance with respective values of £6 million and £10 million.
- South Liverpool Housing are using TAC-1 for a joint venture with Penny Lane Builders for repairs and maintenance with an approximate value of £ 103.5 million.
- Gentoo Housing Group are using FAC-1 for a second procurement, comprising a programme of planned maintenance works with an approximate value of £43 million.
- “The Construction Centre for Law and Management (CCLM), a competence centre jointly established by Politecnico di Milano, University of Brescia and University of Milan, has attempted to deal with the legal challenges included within the BIM-based contracts, to enable the innovative collaborative procurement routes, chiefly through the transposition of the UK-oriented FAC-1 framework…The CCLM’s point of view is that early efforts concerning FAC-1 could be addressed mainly towards major projects, such as large educational facilities and underground infrastructures. The systemic attitude of those undertaking such major programmes seems more suitable to be managed by means of the relational collaborative contracts such as FAC-1 because they reflect an interwoven network of separated contracts to be consistently interlinked. The FAC-1 transposition to the Italian legal framework could play a major role for the other EU member states, close to the civil law.” Reported in CIOB BIM+ 21 March 2018, and by the University of Cambridge Centre for Digital Built Britain 22 March 2018
- The Football Foundation have advertised a £60 million national programme using FAC-1 for the design and construction of mini-pitches.
- Central Bedfordshire are using TAC-1 for a £200 million programme of capital works.
- The first three FAC-1 procurements have been announced in Italy, as an integrator of team members engaged on a private sector urban regeneration project, on a new university campus and on a public school using BIM.
- The first use of FAC-1 in Kazakhstan has been announced, as a strategic integrator of multiple FIDIC contracts on the Shalkia Zink and Lead Deposit mining project.
- Kier are finalising procurement of their £54 million contractor-led highways supply chain alliance using FAC-1, and presented their case study alongside Surrey County Council at a Resolex event on 1st February. This was presented as a case study at a Resolex smeinar on 1st February 2018, the outputs form which can be reviewed at http://www.resolex.com/roundtable-output-building-a-supply-chain-alliance/.
- The procurement team at Orbis ( a collaboration between Surrey County Council,East Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove District Council), are exploring the potential for FAC-1 to help integrate the provision of adult social care
- Epping Forest District Council have adopted FAC-1 as the basis for their framework to deliver up to £25 million of new build homes. They will appoint 4 constructors and 2 consultants (multi-disciplinary and employer’s agent) and will use FAC-1 to support collaborative working, improved value and the integration of separate JCT 2016 project contracts and bespoke consultant appointments
- Consultation is complete on the Construction Leadership Council initiative to create a new model strategic appointment based on FAC-1 , designed as a means to increase efficiency and output of new build housing through collaborative working with contractors and manufacturers
- Gentoo Housing Group have adopted FAC-1 for procurement of a major roofing programme across their stock in Sunderland, worth £43 million over 4 years.
- Leading UK and international consultants Aecom, Arcadis, Capita, Faithful & Gould, Gleeds and Mace have signed a multi-party FAC-1 with Crown Commercial Service governing new procurement models, BIM and other shared practices forming part of their Project Management and Full Design Team Services
- The first Italian FAC-1 has been adopted on an renovation project in Milan
- Westward Housing are using TAC-1 for procurement of their asset management contracts
- LHC on behalf of the Scottish Procurement Alliance have issued a Contract Notice under FAC-1 for £1.5 billion of housing and development projects including sheltered accommodation,care homes and student accommodation plus associated works including land purchases
- LHC on behalf of the Scottish Procurement Alliance have issued a Contract Notice under FAC-1 for £150 million of project management, cost consultancy, architectural, structural engineering, building services engineering and other consultancy services
- FAC-1 has been selected by the UK Construction Leadership Council as the basis for King’s College London to create new model long-term agreements governing the strategic procurement of new build housing through “smart construction”, using digital technologies and industrialised manufacturing techniques.
- Places for People are using FAC 1 for procurement of lifts and a fire safety maintenance programme , creating an alliance between their selected contractors
- FAC-1 was shortlisted for a King’s Award as “Research Project of the Year 2017 “
- FAC-1 has been selected by LHC for a nationwide new build housing procurement
- The Italian translation and adaptation of FAC-1 was launched in Milan on Monday 2nd October 2017
- The FAC-1 English Electronic Contract is now available on the electronic portal
- The FAC-1 Italian Electronic Contract is now available on the electronic portal
- FAC-1 chosen by Ecological Sequestration Trust and Resilience Brokers to support engagement with and integration of their partner organisations financing and implementing Global Goals in Human Settlements and City-Regions
- The FAC-1 Italian translation has been completed
- FAC-1 has been used on framework procurements with a total value of over £9.5 billion to date in conjunction with ICC, JCT, NEC, NHF, PPC and TPC project contract forms
- FAC-1 Bulgarian first draft translation has been completed and was discussed by Society of Construction Law in Sofia Thursday 5th October
- FAC-1 and TAC-1 are under consideration by South East Consortium following discussion at an event organised by Savills on Friday 8th September
- TAC-1 has been chosen by Catalyst Housing Group for a programme of responsive, gas, planned and cyclical works with a total value of £210 million, starting at £10 million per annum and rising to £40 million per annum
- On Monday 7th July at King’s College London Crown Commercial Service launched the use of FAC-1 for collaboration between consultants appointed to their £2.8 billion frameworks including their Lot 1 Project Management and Full Design Team Services awarded to Aecom, AHR Architects, AMEC Foster Wheeler Environmental and Infrastructure, Arcadis, Capita, Deloitte, Faithful & Gould, Gardiner & Theobald, Gleeds , Kier Business Services, Mace, McBains, Mott McDonald, Ridge, Turner & Townsend and WYG
- The FAC-1 Portuguese translation has been completed for use in Brazil
- Kier notified proposed sub-contractors and suppliers on the Surrey County Council highways programme that they will create supply chain alliances worth £54 million using FAC-1
- FAC-1 comes to Italy -On Friday 9th June Professor Sara Valaguzza chaired a fascinating workshop at the University of Milan to consider potential uses for the Italian translation of the FAC-1 Framework Alliance Contract, bringing together leading academics, lawyers, architects and engineers with senior Government and contractor representatives. The workshop assessed how specific projects could benefit from this new standard form that integrates the work of all consultants, contractors and specialists around common objectives and success measures, and that provides a common contractual platform for BIM contributions, licences and interfaces
- TAC-1 Official Launch – On Monday 5th June 2017 at Somerset House the first users of the TAC-1 Term Alliance Contract described their experience of procuring a new term alliance. Paul Wenham of Southern Housing Group explained to over 60 delegates that Southern’s objectives, set out in TAC-1 Schedule 1, are to “work collaboratively to achieve value for money, efficiency and best working practices” through an Alliance “dedicated to agreed common goals and an understanding of each other’s expectations and values“.
- In 2016 Southern commissioned soft market-testing as to views on different contract forms and found that over 80% of contractors preferred the TPC2005 term partnering contract compared to the JCT and NEC term contracts. Then, advised by Cameron Consulting, Southern opted to trial the improvements embodied in TAC-1 as the successor contract to TPC2005 even before the new form was published. TAC-1 follows a year of research and industry consultation led by the King’s College Centre of Construction Law, creating a new form that combines the best of TPC2005 with the structure and features of the well-received FAC-1 Framework Alliance Contract.
- Southern have now awarded the first ever TAC-1 contracts to Amber Construction, Chas Berger, DW Support Services and AD Construction for planned and cyclical asset management worth over £23 million per annum. As TAC-1 “Providers” , the four companies will also undertake design services, will obtain input from early-appointed sub-contractors and will create common supply chains seeking improved value for Southern. These initiatives are supported by the TAC-1 clause 6 system of “Supply Chain Collaboration“, with alliance activities mapped out in the Schedule 2 Timetable and Schedule 3 Risk Register
- Already a second client, Catalyst Housing, has selected the TAC-1 contract as the basis for a major programme that will go to the market in August 2017
- In its first 12 months since publication FAC-1 has been adopted on procurements in the public and private sectors worth a total of over £9.5 billion
- FAC-1 has been adopted by Your Housing Group , advised by Savills and Trowers & Hamlins, on procurement of a £44.5 million programme of planned investment works
- PIN notice issued for intended use of TAC-1 by Catalyst Housing Group
- The German translation of FAC-1 has been completed
- The Italian translation of FAC-1 has been completed and circulated for consultation with clients and industry representatives including the Municipality of Milan, the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, the Administrative Courthouse of Milan and Associations of Construction Companies
- The first TAC-1 contracts for a £23 million per annum programme of planned and cyclical asset management were awarded by Southern Housing Group to AD Construction, Amber Construction , Chas Berger and DW Support Services, with provisions for early involvement of sub-contractors, a shared supply chain and a shared commitment to “work collaboratively to achieve value for money, efficiency and best working practices ” supported by “dedication to agreed common goals and an understanding of each other’s expectations and values“
- @CCUKLTD has delivered successful contract training on both FAC-1 (to Football Foundation) and TAC-1 (to Southern Housing)
- Football Foundation appointed Gleeds as Alliance Manager and Cameron Consulting as Independent Adviser on their FAC-1 contract
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development obtained a briefing on FAC-1 and has decided to review its potential value under pilots with selected clients
- AmicusHorizon entered into a FAC-1 contract with Axis Europe, Keepmoat, Kier Services, Mears and Osborne for a £150 million maintenance programme which is also open to other housing associations as Additional Clients
- Award to Western Building Systems, Integra Buildings, Extraspace Solutions, Ashley House and Portakabin of £150 million FAC-1 contract for modular programme commissioned by Football Foundation, Football Association and Sport England
- FAC-1 presentation at University of Stuttgart
- Savings and improved value under Futures Housing Group FAC-1 programme recognised in the Government Opportunities Awards
- Licence agreed with Aroeira Salles for translation of FAC-1 into Portuguese for use in Brazil
- FAC-1 reviewed by 150 delegates at King’s College London Open Forum as medium for integrating ICC, JCT, FIDIC and NEC project contracts
- FAC-1 selected as strategic contract for infrastructure on major London neighbourhood development
- UK and international standard forms- what is new in 2017? KCL Centre of Construction Law Open Forum attended by over 150 delegates reviewing FIDIC, JCT2016, NEC4, ICC updates and the use of FAC-1 to integrate related projects and related two party contracts
- FAC-1 adopted on £20 million procurement by London Borough of Greenwich of a programme of mechanical and electrical engineering works
- Project Management International (PMI) Webinar on FAC-1
- Centre for Transnational Legal Studies Colloqium on FAC-1
- Presentation on FAC-1 to European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Joint PMI UK Virtual Events and Construction Forum Webinar : The FAC-1 Framework Alliance Contract – Typical Pitfalls and New Solutions Providing an in depth exploration of the new FAC-1 Framework Alliance Contract highlighting methods to create integrated frameworks whilst improving value and working effectively with the supply chain. Case studies from Ministry of Justice, Surrey County Council and Futures Housing Group (the first adopters of the FAC-1 contract)
- Futures Housing Group’s FAC-1 procurement shortlisted for 2017 GO Procurement Innovation / Initiative of the Year Award
- Licence agreed with Bulgarian Society of Construction Law for translation of FAC-1 for use in Bulgaria
- Licence concluded with University of Milan for translation and publication of FAC-1 in Italy
- FAC-1 included in £800 million procurement by LHC of schools and community buildings in Scotland
- FAC-1 presented at International Construction Law Association conference in Dubai
- FAC-1 adopted on £5.5 billion procurement by LHC of schools and community buildings in England and Wales
- AmicusHorizon commence multi-client procurement under FAC-1 in respect of maintenance, repair and improvement works worth up to £250 million
- Presentation of FAC-1 at “Legal BIM” conference hosted by University of Milan
- Article by Dr Louis Gunnigan on FAC-1 and BIM, in BIM Ireland.ie and Irish building magazine
- Tenders returned for FAC-1 procurement of £150 million modular programme by Football Foundation, Football Association and Sport England
- Publication of TAC-1 Term Alliance Contract
- TAC-1 Term Alliance Contract endorsed by Construction Industry Council and Constructing Excellence
- Southern Housing commence procurement of £7.5 million small planned works frameworks using FAC-1
- Futures Housing Group report 10% savings agreed by group of 23 SME contractors under FAC-1 plus improved materials supply through Travis Perkins, improved cash-flow and improved local training support
- TAC-1 Published by Association of Consultant Architects
- FAC-1 presented for consultation with Singapore Institute of Architects , Melbourne Law School, Clayton Utz , Hong Kong Mass Transit Authority, Hong Kong Housing Authority and Hong Kong City University
- North Devon Homes commence procurement under FAC-1 of a £40 million multi-contractor framework for affordable new build and assisted living developments
- Crown Commercial Service notify bidders on £2.8 billion national consultant frameworks that they will use “FAC-1 or equivalent” in order to integrate services and improve value in each lot
- RADAR Roundtable considers FAC-1 and records introductory youtube video (see Homepage)
- Procurement under FAC-1 commenced by Football Foundation, Football Federation and Sport England on £150 million national changing rooms programme led by modular suppliers and framework management consultants
- FAC-1 presented and debated at University College Dublin conference “Collaboration and Partnering in Irish Procurement” (recorded on youtube) and in interview on RTE Radio 2 “This Week”
- FAC-1 discussed by over 100 delegates attend ASG Power of Alliancing conference, including sessions led by KPMG, Savills, Surrey County Council, Osborne and King’s College London
- FAC-1 presented at London Build 2016 by Association of Consultant Architects
- Futures Housing Group commence procurement of employer’s agent frameworks using FAC-1
- FAC-1 presented at Lean In The Public Sector conference in Helsingor, Denmark
- Consultation draft of Guide to FAC-1 provided to delegates at seminar hosted by Trowers & Hamlins
- Licence concluded with Breyer Rechtsanwelte for translation and publication of FAC-1 in German
- Infrastructure procurements using FAC-1 commenced by Graven Hill, the UK’s largest self-build community
- First FAC-1 signed in at Donnington Park Formula 1 racetrack for £30 million housing works programme led by Futures Housing Group and concluded between five clients and 23 contractors
- King’s College London Centre of Construction Law publishes research report “Enabling BIM Through Procurement and Contracts“ recommends option of multi-party protocol (see FAC-1 and BIM)(https://www.kcl.ac.uk/law/research/centres/construction/enabling-bim/ebimtpac-form.asp)
- FAC-1 published by Association of Consultant Architects
- FAC-1 launched at Collaborative Construction Conference chaired by Sir John Armitt and hosted by Pinsent Masons
- FAC-1 presented at Constructing Excellence seminar in Manchester hosted by Trowers and Hamlins
- First trial of TAC-1 Term Alliance Contract commenced by Southern Housing Group
- FAC-1 endorsed by Constructing Excellence and Construction Industry Council
- Consultation draft of FAC-1 provided to over 200 delegates at King’s College London Centre of Construction Law Open Forum
- First trial of FAC-1 commenced by Futures Housing Group
- ACA Annual Conference in Bicester reviews FAC-1 under themes linked to improving value, BIM, BS11000 and international adoption
- First consultation draft of FAC-1 Framework Alliance Contract created by King’s College London and provided to 120 Consultation Group members for comment