This website provides background, news and guidance relating to the FAC-1 Framework Alliance Contract and the TAC-1 Term Alliance Contract.
Two introductory videos appear below and explain the principles and unique features of FAC-1.
FAC-1 has been adopted on UK procurements with a total value exceeding £12 billion. The first users achieved savings in excess of 9% plus a range of social value (See “Research and Consultation”).
TAC-1 is based on the TPC2005 standard form, proven to deliver savings and other value on UK procurements worth a total of over £6 billion.
The “News and Users” section of this website provides details of FAC-1 and TAC-1 procurements. The “Research and Consultation” section provides guidance and case studies.
Training on FAC-1 and TAC-1 an now be commissioned from the Association of Consultant Architects. See “Training”.
In the 2012 Effectiveness of Frameworks Report, UK government and industry noted that the absence of a suitable standard form was impeding progress. This is where FAC-1 comes in, a framework alliance contract drafted in consultation with 120 organisations and proven to deliver better results through collaborative processes.
FAC-1 is a new type of contract that connects and integrates any number of related projects and/or related two party contracts for any type or scale of works and/or services and/or supplies. FAC-1 has been successfully used in the public and private sectors and has been combined with a range of project contract forms including ICC, JCT, NEC, NHF, PPC and TPC conditions.
FAC-1 is designed to integrate projects and programmes of work in any jurisdiction, and it has already been translated into four languages. See “News and Users” for the first uses of FAC-1 in Italy and Kazakhstan.
The FAC-1 Framework Alliance Contract:
- is a multi-party overarching contract that makes valuable connections between any number and type of project contracts
- enables clients and their supply chain members to obtain better results from any framework
- integrates a team into an alliance supported by joint objectives and success measures
- has been proven to deliver agreed cost savings and improved value through joint work among supply chain members
- provides proven systems to deliver cost savings and improved value through Building Information Modelling
- works in tandem with any project contract form, in any sector and in any jurisdiction
- includes proven systems of collaborative governance and dispute avoidance.
The TAC-1 Term Alliance Contract :
- follows the structure of FAC-1 and operates as a self-contained multi-party term contract for ordering any type or scale of works and/or services and/or supplies
- has been developed from the successful TPC2005 Term Partnering Contract which has been proven to deliver agreed cost savings and other improved value (see http://ppc2000.wiserhosting.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/10-Year-Anniversary-PPC-and-5-Year-TPC.pdf )
Both FAC-1 and TAC-1 have been developed through extensive consultation, incorporate proven latest guidance on best practice and are based on successful framework and alliance case studies.
Both FAC-1 and TAC-1 are endorsed by the UK Construction Industry Council and by Constructing Excellence and have already been adopted on a range of procurements.