At a September 2017 meeting of Constructing Excellence and the Chartered Institute of Building, 80 delegates said they all used frameworks but only 1 delegate said he was happy with the way his framework operated. This is where FAC-1 comes in, a framework alliance that was drafted in consultation with 120 organisations.
The allianceforms website provides background, news and guidance relating to increasing use of the new FAC-1 Framework Alliance Contract .
This site also introduces the TAC-1 Term Alliance Contract.
In the 2012 Effectiveness of Frameworks Report, Government and Industry found that the absence of a suitable standard form is impeding progress.
FAC-1 is a new type of contract that connects and integrates any number of related projects and/or related two party contracts for any type or scale of works and/or services and/or supplies. A short introductory video appears on this page.
In the first 12 months since its publication FAC-1 has been adopted on public and private sector procurements worth a total of over £9.5 billion, and has been successfully combined with a range of project contract forms including ICC, JCT, NEC, NHF, PPC and TPC conditions.
FAC-1 is designed to integrate projects under any project contract forms and in any jurisdiction.
The FAC-1 Framework Alliance Contract:
- is a multi-party overarching contract that makes valuable connections between any number and type of project contracts
- enables clients and their supply chain members to obtain better results from any framework
- integrates a team into an alliance supported by joint objectives and success measures
- has been proven to deliver agreed cost savings and improved value through joint work among supply chain members
- provides proven systems to deliver cost savings and improved value through Building Information Modelling
- works in tandem with any project contract form, in any sector and in any jurisdiction
- includes proven systems of collaborative governance and dispute avoidance.
The TAC-1 Term Alliance Contract :
- follows the structure of FAC-1 and operates as a self-contained multi-party term contract for ordering any type or scale of works and/or services and/or supplies
- has been developed from the successful TPC2005 Term Partnering Contract which has been proven to deliver agreed cost savings and other improved value
Both FAC-1 and TAC-1 have been developed through extensive consultation, incorporate proven latest guidance on best practice and are based on successful framework and alliance case studies.
Both FAC-1 and TAC-1 are endorsed by the UK Construction Industry Council and by Constructing Excellence and have already been adopted on a range of procurements.