This website provides background, news and guidance relating to the FAC-1 Framework Alliance Contract and the TAC-1 Term Alliance Contract.
Two introductory videos appear below and explain the principles and unique features of FAC-1.
FAC-1 has been adopted on UK procurements with a total value exceeding £12 billion and has been adopted as their preferred contract form of collaborative framework contract by major procurers such as LHC and Crown Commercial Service. The first users achieved savings in excess of 9% plus a range of social value (See “Research and Consultation”).
TAC-1 is based on the TPC2005 standard form, proven to deliver savings and other value on UK procurements worth a total of over £6 billion.
The “News and Users” section of this website provides details of FAC-1 and TAC-1 procurements. The “Research and Consultation” section provides guidance and case studies.
Training on FAC-1 and TAC-1 can now be commissioned from the Association of Consultant Architects, and there are conferences and masterclasses open for registration. See “Training”.
In the 2012 Effectiveness of Frameworks Report, UK government and industry noted that the absence of a suitable standard form was impeding progress. This is where FAC-1 comes in, a framework alliance contract drafted in consultation with 120 organisations and proven to deliver better results through collaborative processes.
FAC-1 is gaining wide usage in numerous sectors. It connects and integrates any number of related projects and/or related two party contracts for any type or scale of works and/or services and/or supplies. FAC-1 has been successfully used in the public and private sectors and has been combined with a range of project contract forms including ICC, JCT, NEC, NHF, PPC and TPC conditions.
FAC-1 is designed to integrate projects and programmes of work in any jurisdiction, and it has already been translated into four languages. See “News and Users” for the first uses of FAC-1 in Italy and Kazakhstan.
The FAC-1 Framework Alliance Contract:
- is a multi-party overarching contract that makes valuable connections between any number and type of project contracts
- enables clients and their supply chain members to obtain better results from any framework
- integrates a team into an alliance supported by joint objectives and success measures
- has been proven to deliver agreed cost savings and improved value through joint work among supply chain members
- provides proven systems to deliver cost savings and improved value through Building Information Modelling
- works in tandem with any project contract form, in any sector and in any jurisdiction
- includes proven systems of collaborative governance and dispute avoidance.
The TAC-1 Term Alliance Contract :
- follows the structure of FAC-1 and operates as a self-contained multi-party term contract for ordering any type or scale of works and/or services and/or supplies
- has been developed from the successful TPC2005 Term Partnering Contract which has been proven to deliver agreed cost savings and other improved value (see http://ppc2000.wiserhosting.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/10-Year-Anniversary-PPC-and-5-Year-TPC.pdf )
Both FAC-1 and TAC-1 have been developed through extensive consultation, incorporate proven latest guidance on best practice and are based on successful framework and alliance case studies.
Both FAC-1 and TAC-1 are endorsed by the UK Construction Industry Council and by Constructing Excellence and have already been adopted on a range of procurements.